Design and implement a dedicated, easy-to-use mobile app for Auto Europe, the global leader in international car rental services, offering car rentals in more than 20,000 locations in over 180 countries worldwide.
- assemble a cross-functional team of UX designers, product owners, business analysts, front-end and back-end developers
- work closely with Auto Europe’s product management team to define the core functionalities of the mobile app
- conduct a discovery phase to explore the existing systems of Auto Europe
- closely examine the car rental business and Auto Europe’s market share to establish needs and opportunities and to minimize drawbacks
- research trends and draft a user journey based on insights and statistics
- draft the information architecture (IA)
- built high fidelity prototypes for user testing
- create a backend API using Java, Maria DB, and Docker AWS to shield the mobile app from the complex systems involved in the car rental process
- investigate and de-risk technical blind spots to manage expectations
- An efficient mobile user experience meant to directly increase bookings and a solid, scalable middleware and backend architecture. With a strong basis for development, the implementation process continues.